Les dernières news du secteur de la géomatique.
Réduire la carte
Étendre la carte
JOB - Vacancy - R&D PROFESSIONAL IN REMOTE SENSING WITH FOCUS ON COASTAL AND MARINE APPLICATIONS
- Offre d'emploi
The remote sensing unit of VITO is looking for an engineer or scientist to join our service-oriented R&D team.
- You will contribute to the development of Remote Sensing products for water and coastal applications.
- As a member of the applications team you will mainly contribute to the development of new remote sensing products in the field of water and coastal monitoring. This means that you will develop and improve algorithms for water quality retrieval including algorithms for cloud detection, atmospheric correction, derived water products and time series analysis.
- You will work closely together wit the IT team in order to develop operational processing chains for water quality retrieval.
- You will regularly visit clients to discuss their needs and receive feedback on the products, both institutional and commercial clients.
- You will set up new collaborations with universities, governmental institutions and private companies.
- You will publish your research in peer-reviewed, as well as in more common media.
- You will assist in the writing of proposals, and you should be able to move from assistance to coordination of proposal writing in a short time.
- You have a master degree in science or engineering. A degree in marine sciences could be an asset.
- You have a few years (3 to 5 at least) working experience, preferably with a link to optical Remote Sensing.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following domains is considered essential: atmospheric correction of remote sensing data, in-water optics and/or operational image processing.
- You have sound programming experience in higher languages like R, IDL, Matlab.
- You have a pragmatic, user-focused approach linking science to services and you have an eye for new opportunities.
- You consider yourself as an entrepreneur and like to take initiative.
- You have an open mind and you work solution oriented.
- You have strong communication skills and the determination to achieve results. You find it easy to network in international context.
- You have strong organisational skills.
- You work easily in a team and are equally capable of working independently.
- You are highly motivated in initiating projects for clients in a national and international context. Given the international nature of this position, an excellent knowledge of English is essential.
- A position in an eminent client-oriented organization, in the area of innovative technology research and science-backed consulting.
- The opportunity to contribute to putting Flanders on the international map as active knowledge region and thus contribute to sustainable development.
- An interesting salary package complete with extralegal benefits
Proposer une actualité
Ajoutez votre actualité parmi celles du Géoportail de la Wallonie et partagez vos news avec toute la communauté !